Based in College Park, MD, the Wells Hockey Clinic is an instructional program dedicated to teaching the game of hockey, and the skills required to play it, to both kids and adults. The program's coaching staff currently has more than 50 years combined coaching experience and each of us have a life-long love of the game.
The Clinic, as it is now known, is broken up into three separate 6 week sessions:
Session 1 - Hockey Skating Skills
Session 2 - Stickhandling, Passing & Shooting
Session 3 - Hockey Team Skills
The New Season will begin in early November, 2010. Stay tuned to the blog for up-to-date info and announcements.



Monday, March 22, 2010

An Introduction: Coach Kevin

I'm Coach Kevin. I began playing hockey at the Wells Ice Hockey Clinic in 1989 and began coaching the Clinic in 1995. I'm a USA Hockey Level 4 coach and have been an assistant and goaltending coach for area high school, AAA and women’s teams. I also play on an area Adult-level team comprised mostly of  current and former Wells Adult Hockey Clinic participants. I graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

I tend to take an intellectual approach to the game; the how's and why's of a particular skill or motion are just as important to me as the results. For those of you who have seen me coach, you'll probably notice I talk a lot. I'll try to use this space to talk about the technical aspects of the game, from the history of the game to equipment technology to physics and biomechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment